VMware Support Community
dlwhite
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not Saving Active Directory Configuration 2.0.0.2

1. It is awkward that the fields look prepopulated with the port number but it is actually just a suggestion.  The font is the same whether it is filled in or not filled in.  Maybe it should be a different font for the suggestion that for the completed field.

2.  After I get all of the setting in the fields and type my AD Group and click Add Group, then click Set Active Directory Configuration, I get the response Configured successfully!  Then I try to login with either just my username or domain\username or my UPN, it does not seem to work.  Then when I go back in to check my Active Directory Configuration, it is turned back to No instead of Yes.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Our engineering team is working on the 'Active directory authentication' issue and is expected to be fixed in a future release.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TRScott79
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did you try rebooting the appliance and then re applying?

Even though my config has been saved in my appliance I've never been able to login using AD creds, and upon searching it's never worked that I can see/find.  I'd be interested to know if it infact does work and how to login as I've tried my UN, UN@Domain, and Domain/UN

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Our engineering team is working on the 'Active directory authentication' issue and is expected to be fixed in a future release.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
TRScott79
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This has been happening since release 1.7, and the standard response is the above, do we have an actual answer on WHEN it will be resolved, to keep saying a future release is well, not true.

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience, at this point we do not have a confirmed date.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos