VMware Cloud Community
cjoshi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Answer VM Question

Hi,

I am trying to disconnect a CD ISO or change the device type to "client device" in both cases the workflow is getting executed but, the execution is paused until I manually answer a VM Question.

A VM Question can be answered using PowerCLI example:

Get-VM my_vm | Get-VMQuestion | Set-VMQuestion -Option button.yes -Confirm:$false

Can such a VM Question be answered via vRO if yes, how?

The screenshot of VM Question is shown below:

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks.

Regards Shekhar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, it is possible.

The VcVirtualMachine scripting class has a method answerVM(...) which can be used to answer such vm questions. You can take a look at the workflow 'Wait for task and answer virtual machine question' (available under Library > vCenter > Virtual Machine management > Basic) to see how this method is used and what parameters you need to call it with.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, it is possible.

The VcVirtualMachine scripting class has a method answerVM(...) which can be used to answer such vm questions. You can take a look at the workflow 'Wait for task and answer virtual machine question' (available under Library > vCenter > Virtual Machine management > Basic) to see how this method is used and what parameters you need to call it with.

0 Kudos
cjoshi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Awesome Ilian! You are a saviour! 🙂

My bad, I should have searched for the term "answer" in vRO, it was the first and the only answer. Did a google search but not vRO for actions & workflows. 😞

Thanks.

Regards Shekhar

0 Kudos