VMware Cloud Community
ARauschenbach
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows 10 32bit UEFI Option Missing?

Hi All,

Running vCenter 6.7U1 build 10244857, with ESXi Hosts running 6.0U3 build 10719132.

When customizing a new Guest VM (using VM version 11), if I select Windows 10 32bit I have no UEFI boot option -- it is missing from the menus completely.

A little strange because I expect 32bit support for Windows 10 UEFI -- according to this article: Using EFI/UEFI firmware in a VMware Virtual Machine -- "32-bit EFI support added to Windows 8 and newer."

If I select Windows 8.x 32bit or Windows 7 32bit I get 'EFI in legacy compatibility mode' -- seems to be just Windows 10 32bit that is missing the UEFI option.

Any ideas? I am planning on upgrading the hosts to 6.7U1 and using VM version 13 or 14 shortly to see if it resolve the issue but thought I would ask here as well in case anyone else has seen this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ARauschenbach
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For anyone else in the same situation: The EFI option became visible after upgrading the VM Hardware Version to 13 (ESXi 6.5)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ARauschenbach
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For anyone else in the same situation: The EFI option became visible after upgrading the VM Hardware Version to 13 (ESXi 6.5)

0 Kudos