VMware Communities
Wiesi73
Contributor
Contributor

Stretch Guest display options in WS15 not available

The stretch guest display option not being available for my Win7/Win10 VM since I upgraded my Workstation from 14 to 15. I cannot use the "fit guest now" or "autosize/autofit guest" option for my 4K display on my laptop. It is no solution to change the guest operation system to a WinXP system (the option is in this mode available). The USB 3.0 compatibility and the USB input devices cannot used. Is this a bug or new design?

Tags (1)
4 Replies
gbohn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This question seems similar to the discussion at Stretch Guest display options in WS15 not available for any guest OS after Windows Vista .

Apparently VMWare decided (for some reason) that no one needs this capability for post XP OS's.

I'm also hoping that they change their minds...

0 Kudos
Wiesi73
Contributor
Contributor

In Workstation 14 I had all functions which I needed. I can´t understand why VmWare renounces of this scaling function. Using Workstation 15 in our company is  not possible. I hope that VmWare works on this bug and deliver a upgrade.

0 Kudos
yanw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, Wiesi73:

Thanks for your feedback. At present, if you want to apply "stretch guest mode" for Win7/Win10 VM, you have to un-install VMware Tools in the guest and the "Keep aspect radio strech" option will be avaiable in the "menu  -- view". We have awared that issue with tools installed and are discussing the solution internally.

In addition, why you said you can not use "fit guest now" or "autosize/autofit guest"? If vmware tools installed on the guest, WS 15 "fit guest/autofit guest" function should work the same as WS14 with no difference.

Related to the USB issue, would you please explain more detail? USB3.0 device won't work should not be expected i think.

0 Kudos
DodgeDeBoulet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Add me to the list of users that are negatively impacted by this design change. It seems that with each successive upgrade to VMWare Workstation, I'm paying more and getting less. You broke my Logitech mouse's enhanced functionality with updates to 14 and have taken away my ability to stretch with 15. I've paid for and downloaded an upgrade to 15, but have yet to install it and will be requesting a refund unless there's a guarantee this functionality will be restored.

O for the good old days when new releases fixed bugs and added features ...

0 Kudos