VMware Communities
rmilling
Contributor
Contributor

Still cannot print from guest after Virtual Printer app install - printers off-line?

Upgraded to latest V15 release and VMware Tools updates then followed instructions from various community notes about installing the virtual printer application that is now unbundled.  I did all that, rebooted, and tried to print.  The document goes into the printer queue on the guest but never gets to the host queue.  Looking at active printer status I noticed that the printer is considered to be "off-line".  Yet, I have not problems printing from the host.  Same symptoms for multiple devices and multiple guests.

Is there perhaps an access permissions violation that is preventing access and only appears to the guest to be off-line?

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bonnie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What is your  host operating system and guest operating system? And is printer connected in VM > Settings > Printer?

0 Kudos
rmilling
Contributor
Contributor

Host OS is Win 7 Pro, includes regular Windows Updates.  Guest is also Win 7 Pro that includes regular Windows Updates.  Printer device is present and connected.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
rmilling
Contributor
Contributor

I also checked the Windows event logs of both the host and guest but did not find any errors.

0 Kudos
bonnie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Do you have this KB installed in both your host and guest?

Download Update for Windows 7 (KB2533623) from Official Microsoft Download Center

0 Kudos