VMware Communities
pliu111
Contributor
Contributor

Urgent. VMware Workstation 12 Pro 12.5.9 build-7535481

Hi,

I am running Fedora via VMware workstation, on host OS  Windows 10, and so far no problems.

Lately on Fedora I used to get disk space messages that there is no space anymore available.

So, I thought to shut off the VMware and go to

> Virtual Machine Settings

> Hard Disk

> Defragment files and consolidate free space [I clicked on Defragment, and the process started and completed without problems]

Then I thought, the option 'Compact disk space to reclaim unused space' sounded good. So, I clicked on 'Compact' and that was a super fast process without any hassle.

Then I tried to restart the VM; it boots up to the 'login' ... after providing password ... it some wants to log me in but it automatically resets to the login page !!!

What happened!!! OMG PLEASE HELP I NEED TO GET TO WORK AND THERE IS NOTHING THAT SEEMS TO WORK ....

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pliu111
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry about my panic attack.

The problem got resolved after a shut down/reboot of the host operating system (windows 10). Which I think is a bit ironic, because, why would that happen ?

Why would I need to reboot my host OS so that the VM hosted OS runs after defragmentation ?

Anyhow Thank you for the attention though.

0 Kudos
pliu111
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE ... the problem still re-occured. And now a simple shut down of the system, doesn't resolve it.

WHAT SHOULD I DO ???

0 Kudos