VMware Horizon Community
Claudiocaf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Assignments not showing on user page (after upgrade to v2.14.2)

Hi guys,

I have assigned an AppStacks "APPSTACK1" to domain group "DOMAIN\GROUP1" that has 1 member "DOMAIN\USER1"

If I search the user in "Directory->Users" or "Directory->Online" and click on it, in the user page under "Attachments" I see APPSTACK1 (let's assume that user is connected),but under "Assignments" I cannot find any AppStack at all!

If I go to "Volumes->Assignments" I find the assignment DOMAIN\GROUP1<->APPSTACK1

I am sure that before the upgrade I was able to see user's assigned appstacks in user page, also if the appstack was assigned to the group (and not directly to the user).

Anyone could confirm if this is an issue or the expected behaviour with v2.14.2?

Best Regards,

Claudio

0 Kudos
6 Replies
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

Hi Claudio,

this is an expected behaviour, as the Appstack is assigned to the group and not directly to the user.

Tim

0 Kudos
mellicott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't know about expected behaviour or not in 2.14, but it is how you described in 2.13...

pastedImage_0.png

Horizon Client 5.4.3 Appvol Manager 2.18 Appvol Client 2.18.6 UEM 9.10
0 Kudos
Claudiocaf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you Tim,

Just to clarify, I am referring to this page:

pastedImage_0.png

I was able to see users' assignments in previous version (2.13.2) and was really usefull!!!

In addition, if a user is in a group and I have assigned the appstack to a group, I expect to see the assignment when I check user's profile.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Claudiocaf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't know about expected behaviour or not in 2.14, but it is how you described in 2.13...

288978_288978.pngpastedImage_0.png

This is exactly what I had before upgrading to 2.14.2 !!!

Now I cannot see assignments anymore, also if the appstacks are correctly attached to the user desktop.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yup, same here. We cannot see the assignments based on groups either after upgrading to version 2.14.2 and yes, this was (and is) visible in the older version and always has been visible in older versions.

I am not willing to downgrade though because of the writable management functionality of 2.14 but would be nice if it was stated in release notes or posted here as a design decision (and maybe a reasoning behind it?).

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

Ah,

okay, I thought it only showed the appstacks assigned directly to the user object. But as the screenshot shows, the groups were also listed.

So I guess there was a change in the AD-query mechanism or it's simply a bug.

Let's see if a VMware member can answer. Otherwise I would recommend you to open a SR with VMware support.

Tim

0 Kudos