VMware Cloud Community
TECH198
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Problems in hardrive size and Windows install

Running vSphere 5.0 client, and unable to install Windows 2000 Server.. have a few problems

(1. Error is at beginning of install:

"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

I think its due to controller type, since all the articles i am finding are related to Windows XP, I followed changing controller to LSI-SAS, but it didn't help, even

VMware Knowledge Base

What am I doing wrong ?

(2. When creating Data-store it seems to use all available free space if I upload iso image (I duno why, because data store is 37 gig, but only 2 to 3 gig space let), so datastore must be created and in order to use all space available iso must come from physical image..  With  that i select "client device" under Edit>>Settings >>Hardware>>>. Since i'm using VMWare fusion, I connect iso to CD/DVD virtual drive, and "Emulate IDE" under Edit >> Settings of VM. in vSphere

I think i'm almost there :smileygrin: Been a while since i've tinkered with vSphere/ESXi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TECH198
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Fixed.

Seems i had to choose default fro datastore: pvscsi-WindowsXP.fllp and/or set as scsi controller : Paravirtual.

Not sure weather both was needed, but worked Smiley Happy

It worked fine on my mates machine, but the only difference, is i am running vSphere on Fusion, where as he's running it on psyical PC...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TECH198
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Attached.

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 10.24.18 am.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-22 at 10.24.38 am.png

Using Fusion 11.0.1

I noticed when I install Windows 2000 Server SP4 on VWare Fusion naively, i must install this : Windows 2000 Server (SP4) : Microsoft : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive  to and download/install "Win2k_Updates.iso" before install VMWare Tools too..

Probably unrelated. between Fusion and controller in VShphere.

0 Kudos
TECH198
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Fixed.

Seems i had to choose default fro datastore: pvscsi-WindowsXP.fllp and/or set as scsi controller : Paravirtual.

Not sure weather both was needed, but worked Smiley Happy

It worked fine on my mates machine, but the only difference, is i am running vSphere on Fusion, where as he's running it on psyical PC...

0 Kudos