VMware Cloud Community
naymar27
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Join 2 existing PSC

Hello all,

my infrastructure is made up of 2 vcsa and 2 external psc. I wish to join the 2 psc.

Is there a way of joining 2 existing psc or I need to installation and join the new psc to the existing one?

Thanks

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

Yes you have to reconfigure PSC (from the installer setup) on site B to Join PSC on site A.

Please consider marking this answer "CORRECT" or "Helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly.

Cheers,

VCIX6-NV|VCP-NV|VCP-DC|

@KakHassan

linkedin.com/in/hassanalkak

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rajen450m
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

Reconfigure the vCenter Server on Site B to access Site A External PSC.

Follow the below steps and see (try to take snapshot of VCSA).

Reconfigure vCenter Server with Embedded PSC (your case it is another external PSC) to vCenter Server with External PSC

1. Login to the vCenter Server:

vCenter Appliance - as root user using SSH.
    Windows v Center - as administrator using RDP.

2. Run this command to verify that all PSC services are running:

service-control --status --all

3. Run this command:

cmsso-util reconfigure --repoint-psc psc_fqdn_or_static_ip --username username --domain-name domain_name --passwd password [--dc-port port_number]

Note:The FQDN value is case-sensitive.

The options username and password are the administrator user name and password of the vCenter Single Sign-On domain_name.

Use the --dc-port option if the external Platform Services Controller runs on a custom HTTPS port. The default value of the HTTPS port is 443.

For example:

Run this command if the external PSC runs on a custom HTTPS port 449:

cmsso-util reconfigure --repoint-psc psc.acme.local --username administrator --domain-name vsphere.local --passwd Password1! --dc-port 449

4. Login to the vCenter Server instance by using the vSphere Web Client and verify that the vCenter Server is running and can be managed.

Regards,

Raj M Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. Visit www.hypervmwarecloud.com for my blog posts, step-by-step procedures etc.,
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

Yes you have to reconfigure PSC (from the installer setup) on site B to Join PSC on site A.

Please consider marking this answer "CORRECT" or "Helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly.

Cheers,

VCIX6-NV|VCP-NV|VCP-DC|

@KakHassan

linkedin.com/in/hassanalkak

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
naymar27
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank's for your reply.