VMware Communities
freeboarder
Contributor
Contributor

Getting either Device/Credential Guard or Hyper-V incompatibility message under Windows 10

Since some (Windows?) update I cannot start any virtual machine anymore. I have Hyper V switched off and disabled Device/Credential Guard before, and at that time virtual machines could be startet.

Now, I first got the error message that VMWare Workstation (15) is not compatible with Device/Credential Guard again when starting a virtual machine. I followed the recommended Microsoft article to disable Device/Credential Guard again using the Credential Guard Hardware Readiness Tool.

But after a reboot when trying to start a virtual machine, I now get the error that VMWare Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible. But Hyper-V is switched off in the Windows features (I also checked if it really is switched off using a Powershell script). Switching it on and off again results again in the Device/Credential Guard incompatibility error after a reboot. I am kind of trapped here.

I do not understand what's going on here. Can anyone point me in a direction so solve this mystery?

Windows: 10.0.17134 Build 17134

VMWare Workstation: 15.0.1 build-10737736

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChgoDarian
Contributor
Contributor

This is also happening under Windows 10 Pro Version 1903, OS Build 18362.295.  I am completely unable to use VMWare Workstation Pro. I disabled Credential Guard, rebooted, got the message screen and hit F3.  Hyper-V is disabled, but still getting:

VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard. Please visit http://www.vmware.com/go/turnoff_CG_DG for more details.

0 Kudos