VMware Cloud Community
rwh23
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

6.7u1 Convergence Tool Error

I'm attempting to verify the converge.json template, but running into an issue. When removing the "replication" section it will keep throwing errors. I've attempted removing it at various spots in regards to the closed brackets and I'm just not able to get removed properly. Being a new tool, documentation online is rather lacking. Anyone successfully remove this section yet?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rwh23
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Was able to finally get to verify the template. Took a while, but I found the syntax issue in the template.

0 Kudos
pradeepjigalur
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

valid json with replication section removed..

{

"__version": "2.11.0",

"__comments": "Template for VCSA with external Platform Services Controller converge",

"vcenter": {

"description": {

"__comments": [

"This section describes the vCenter appliance which you want to",

"converge and the ESXi host on which the appliance is running. "

]

},

"managing_esxi_or_vc": {

"hostname": "<FQDN or IP address of the ESXi or vCenter on which the vCenter Server Appliance resides.>",

"username": "<Username of a user with administrative privilege on the ESXi host or vCenter Server. For example 'root' for ESXi and 'administrator@<SSO domain name>' for vCenter >",

"password": "<Password of the administrative user on the ESXi host or vCenter Server. If left blank, or omitted, you will be prompted to enter it at the command console during template verification.>"

},

"vc_appliance": {

"hostname": "<FQDN or IP address of the vCenter Server Appliance>",

"username": "administrator@<SSO domain name>",

"password": "<vCenter Single Sign-On administrator password. If left blank, or omitted, you will be prompted to enter it at the command console during template verification.>",

"root_password": "<Appliance root password. If left blank, or omitted, you will be prompted to enter it at the command console during template verification.>"

},

"ad_domain_info": {

"__comments": [

"Important Note: This section is needed only when PSC (Platform Services Controller) appliance is joined to a domain.",

"Remove this section if PSC appliance is not joined to a domain.",

"Keeping this section without valid values results in JSON validation errors."

],

"domain_name": "<Domain name of the Platform Services Controller appliance's AD domain>",

"username": "<AD domain username with privileges to join any machine to the provided domain>",

"password": "<AD domain password with privileges to join any machine to the provided domain>",

"dns_ip": "<DNS IP which resolves AD domain name. This is an optional field and is required only when the provided AD domain cannot be resolved by the existing DNS setting of the VCSA node.>"

}

}

}

PS: once you fill the json validate the json in https://jsonlint.com/  by copy pasting the data..

0 Kudos