VMware Horizon Community
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Can't connect to virtual desktops in another pod from connections servers not in that pod

Hi

I have a cloud pod federation setup with two separate pods, and if I hit a connection server in that pod I can access the desktops, but what I can't get to work is to have the home site in a different pod and have the connection redirect. I'm watching our data center firewall for blocks but I can't find any, and since I beleive the UAG should be connecting directly to the virtual desktop I can't see any firewalls that would be in the way. Any suggestions would be appreciated, and if more detail is needed please let me know

0 Kudos
1 Reply
agalliasistju
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you getting an error message on the client when trying to connect?

Can you try this:

1. build/configure a VM pool in only 1 datacenter

2. build/create a Global Entitlement and put that 1 VM pool behind it.  Also make sure your test user has rights to that GE. 

3. Connect directly to a Connection Broker that is in the alternate datacenter from where you created your pool.

4. Launch that GE "pool" to see if it will give you access to the pool in the alternate DC.

In my experience, this should work.  Essentially I'm trying to figure out if the two sites are working together, without configuring or using the "home" site server.

Ben

0 Kudos