1 2 3 Previous Next 118 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2011 8:09 AM by !Real

ESVA 1.6

andy.mac Hot Shot

This is the forum to discuss ESVA 1.6 matters.

VMTN Appliance listing: http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/542

-Andy

• 1. Re: ESVA 1.6
          emporio Novice

Thx Andy,

I am downloading it right now. I tried US link but i am getting an error: the page can not be displayed. UK is working

-emp

• 2. Re: ESVA 1.6
            andy.mac Hot Shot

Cheers - I haven't asked the owner of the mirror to update yet...

Hopefully this should be working in a day or so.

Let me know what you think of 1.6

-Andy

• 3. Re: ESVA 1.6
              emporio Novice

Andy,

Unfortunately I was not able to import ESVA 1.6 to my ESX server. I was able to start it in VM Player but not in ESX server. I copied the files to my ESX server, imported it using vmkfstools, created new VM machine. It starts to boot and than when it gives me an error:

Unable to find volume group “VolGroup00”

ERROR: /bin/lvm exited abnormally with value 5 ! (pid 320)

Creating rood device

Mounting root filesystem

Mount: error 6 mounting ext3

Switching to new root

ERROR opening /dev/console!!!!: 2

I am not so good with linux to fix this. Odd thing is it booted just fine in VM player. I probably was me . Was anyone else able to import it to ESX?

I tried several times and i always got same error

-emp

• 4. Re: ESVA 1.6
                cpope Novice
                VMware Employees

I just booted it up fine in ESX.  Most likely you created it with the default scsi adapter of LSILogic.  This image uses a Buslogic Scsi controller.  You can also just upload the image the easy way now with the new VM Importer, that worked for me.  You need to be on VI3 though.

• 5. Re: ESVA 1.6
                  robert.perry Lurker

Has anyone had issues getting this to work behind a PIX firewall?  I have it running in a VMPlayer session and can send email through it, once configured to my internal domain.  If I try to do the same from outside my local subnet, it gives me either "command not implemented" or a "450 server configuration error".  The 450 is from outside the PIX.  The command not implemented is from another subnet, connected via IPSEC tunnel.  I love the product and have been using the older version for quite a while now.  I am mostly looking for more reporting and also offloading some of the administration to the users.

Great product though.

bob

• 6. Re: ESVA 1.6
                    emporio Novice

You are right it was lsi , i created new Vmachine with bus and it booted just fine.

thx

cpope

• 7. Re: ESVA 1.6
                      cpope Novice
                      VMware Employees

Can anyone post instructions on how to set up ESVA to deliver mail locally to itself.  Whenever I try to set this up, I get a configuration invalid because postfix is trying to connect to localhost on port 60000.  I assume I have something wrong with the mail transport.

I would love to get this working as a single appliance for both the Spam/Security as well as the mail repository for POP3.

Thanks!

• 8. Re: ESVA 1.6
                        DaleMontgomery Lurker

I'm seeing a similar problem when testing from outsite the LAN...

Oct 31 00:06:04 mx1 postfix/smtpd\[2151]: warning: connect to 127.0.0.1:60000: Connection refused

Oct 31 00:06:04 mx1 postfix/smtpd\[2151]: warning: problem talking to server 127.0.0.1:60000: Connection refused

Oct 31 00:06:05 mx1 postfix/smtpd\[2151]: warning: connect to 127.0.0.1:60000: Connection refused

Oct 31 00:06:05 mx1 postfix/smtpd\[2151]: warning: problem talking to server 127.0.0.1:60000: Connection refused

Oct 31 00:06:05 mx1 postfix/smtpd\[2151]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from cpe-24-165-101-58.cinci.res.rr.com\[24.165.101.58]: 450 Server configuration problem; from=

I was able to get the previous version (ESVA 1.5) working, but no luck on this one yet.

• 9. Re: ESVA 1.6
                          rooter_c Novice

Me too!

Oct 31 10:50:17 localhost postfix/smtpd\[5158]: warning: connect to 127.0.0.1:60000: Connection refused

Oct 31 10:50:17 localhost postfix/smtpd\[5158]: warning: problem talking to server 127.0.0.1:60000: Connection refused

Oct 31 10:50:18 localhost postfix/smtpd\[5158]: warning: connect to 127.0.0.1:60000: Connection refused

Oct 31 10:50:18 localhost postfix/smtpd\[5158]: warning: problem talking to server 127.0.0.1:60000: Connection refused

Oct 31 10:50:18 localhost postfix/smtpd\[5158]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from someserver: 450 Server configuration problem; from=.....somebody to=

Oct 31 10:50:19 localhost postfix/smtpd\[5158]: disconnect from \[someserver]

• 10. Re: ESVA 1.6
                            andy.mac Hot Shot

Is postgrey running?

service postgrey start

If you have done some configuration of mailscanner with webmin, i'm not 100% confident that it restarts the services correctly when it says it has. To be sure -

service MailScanner restart

-Andy

• 11. Re: ESVA 1.6
                              rooter_c Novice

There is definitely something screwy with postgrey, I started the service manually but still no go. 

Oct 31 12:21:06 spamsrv postgrey\[4804]: Process Backgrounded

Oct 31 12:21:06 spamsrv postgrey\[4804]: 2006/10/31-12:21:06 postgrey (type Net::Server::Multiplex) starting! pid(4804)

Oct 31 12:21:06 spamsrv postgrey\[4804]: Binding to TCP port 60000 on host 127.0.0.1 

Oct 31 12:21:06 spamsrv postgrey\[4804]: Setting gid to "99 99"

Oct 31 12:21:06 spamsrv postgrey\[4804]: Setting uid to "95"

It looks like it starts but i can't see the port with netstat (I'm not sure on the switches though, not linux expert)

I bypassed postgrey in postfix config;

\# smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_recipient,reject_unknown_recipient_domain,

permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination,check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_access,check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:60000

and it delivered fine.

Message was edited by:

ken.cline@hp.com to narrow the display. I split the "reject" between "domain," and "permit_" - it should be just one line

• 12. Re: ESVA 1.6
                                griff158 Novice

Robert,

I'm getting the same 450 server config error from outside my network. Have you had any luck in resolving this problem?

• 13. Re: ESVA 1.6
                                  robert.perry Lurker

No, not yet.  I have poked around with it a little bit, but, do not want to change too much from the defaults.  Since the earlier version works so well for me. 

I went back through  the install guide, and can not find anything that I may have missed. 

Can you tell me what your network configuration looks like?  I am just curious how everyone else has been able to implement this.  Unless they are not using a similar configuration to ours.....

bob

• 14. Re: ESVA 1.6
                                    griff158 Novice

Bob,

My setup is firewall -> pat port 25  to vm esva 1.6 (bridged setup). So very basic. This week i'm goning to investigate furher because grey listing is a very nice feature.

Maarten

1 2 3 Previous Next