VMware Cloud Community
BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Find IP associated with MAC on ESXI 6.0 host.

We are troubleshooting a Network management issue and only have console access. I am trying to determine what IP address is associated with what MAC. Just what you get get with ipconfig.

I have looked at all the esxcli network commands and cannot find one that gives me this info for a given vmnic.

Your help appreciated, thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rajen450m
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

lease try the command "esxcfg-vmknic -l" it will list you out the all vmnics with IP assigned and MAC address.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Raj M Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. Visit www.hypervmwarecloud.com for my blog posts, step-by-step procedures etc.,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Dave_the_Wave
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Until you find your answer, it may be faster for you to IP scan for it.

I did this recently from a desktop computer on the local network and it didn't stop with hosts' Physical Adapters, but as well as all the VM's in them too.

IP lists are also often found in routers too, not necessarily limited to DHCP lists.

0 Kudos
rajen450m
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

lease try the command "esxcfg-vmknic -l" it will list you out the all vmnics with IP assigned and MAC address.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Raj M Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. Visit www.hypervmwarecloud.com for my blog posts, step-by-step procedures etc.,
BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Dave but I am trying to troubleshoot an issue with the management network not working so  I only have console access to the host.

BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Perfect, I cannot believe how many references I looked at but never found that command! Thanks