VMware Communities
mia1999
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can I run a Hyperic Server v5.8.6 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine?

Can I run a Hyperic Server v5.8.6 install on a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine?

If so, do I also have to install a PostgreSQL database on the same Windows machine as well? 

Thanks for the information.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think you probably need to go back to this vendor and ask them what more modern and supported solutions they have, because the Hyperic functionality has basically been rolled into vRealize Operations Manager (vROps) in the form of Endpoint Operations (EpOps) agents. It's possible they have adapted their older Hyperic plug-in to be available with vROps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hyperic is essentially dead. 5.8.6 was more than a year ago and was only a maintenance release at that. Why would you want to do a fresh install–on any platform–at this point?

0 Kudos
mia1999
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi daphnissov,

Thanks for your reply.  Certain enterprise software that I work with built a specific plugin that only works with Hyperic, and they require it of their customers.  Do you know if a Hyperic plugin can be used with a more modern Hyperic replacement?  I did notice the last release of Hyperic was a couple of years ago. 

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think you probably need to go back to this vendor and ask them what more modern and supported solutions they have, because the Hyperic functionality has basically been rolled into vRealize Operations Manager (vROps) in the form of Endpoint Operations (EpOps) agents. It's possible they have adapted their older Hyperic plug-in to be available with vROps.