VMware Cloud Community
Marcelo_Ferrei1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Change Default Virtual Machines List Sort Order Behavior on ESXi 6.7

Dear all,

Is there any way to change the default behavior of how the virtual machines list is sorted? I would like to default be by vms name, but ESXi web client always sort by vms' ID, which is not the best option for me.

8 Replies
Marcelo_Ferrei1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm still struggling with that. Do you have any ideas?

0 Kudos
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership

Hi

I didn't understand.

Can you print screen a window?

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
Marcelo_Ferrei1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes. of course. Sorry for the very long delay, I had traveled, sick, home reallocating, all in sequence.

Every time I start my ESXi,or click on another esxi page and comes back, the vms list looks like this:

pastedImage_0.png

I would like to vms be listed by name ascending. always.

0 Kudos
Thomas000
Contributor
Contributor

Mine sort OK in the main window - just click on the column header to change, or on the downward chevron to access the sorting, filter and column display options menu.

But, I can find no way to sort the names in the Navigator side pane?

scrnsht.jpg

Marcelo_Ferrei1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Thomas, I can do that. What I'm looking for is a way to turn it the default behavior. Every time that I login in ESXi I need to sort it again.

Tyler917
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find a way to change this default behavior? I came across this post searching for the same answer.

rrgregg
Contributor
Contributor

I'd like the ability to sort VMs by their names automatically also.

Right now, the only option I know of for getting VMs to appear in the desired order automatically is to unregister all of them, and then manually register each VM in the desired order.

0 Kudos
bobcal2008
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, I would like to do the same thing.  Unregistering all Guesses and reregistering is not good.  There must be a way, does anyone know how to change the default behavior to put guests in alphabetical order

0 Kudos