same situation for me.
We are seeking for a solution, how to centrally manage VMWare Workstations Pro across company.
We have decided to go with a Horizon Flex and found out, that this going to be discontinued.
We were offered with Workspace ONE, which is obviously nice platform and we have quite a lot business cases for that.
Problem is, that this not support this "Offline VDI" we are seeking for.
I would definatelly appreciate any other solution, how to centrally manage VMWare Workstations, since:
- we don´t have overview, what is hosted there
- patch management is not existing at all
- Local IT often doesn´t have a clue, where those virtual machines are used, since this is often used by developers, production technicians etc.
- Forcing policies and port management (allow ports etc...)
- Disable possibility to create another machines then allowed
Any clue? Third party SW?
Do you have any news for this issue? We are also looking for a alternative centrally managed and encrypted VMs with offline functionality.