VMware Cloud Community
kwg66
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Direct Path IO is getting enabled

This issue just came to my attention while researching a network issue..   It is documented here:  VMware Knowledge Base     (yes this link does work but you may have to refresh your browser )

However, this KB has no details about any potential impact to enabling Direct Path IO when it is in fact not being mapped to any PCI device. 

Before I start scripting to disable this on all the VMs where it was enabled via this bug, I would like to understand if there is any impact to simply leaving the setting as enabled within the virtual adapter..

Thanks in advance.. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

Well I know that Bug happened in 6.0 v but I am not really sure that it can have any impact on VMs (as long as you don't configure any PCI device).

Let's see if someone has more information but, I would say that is something harmless.

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

Well I know that Bug happened in 6.0 v but I am not really sure that it can have any impact on VMs (as long as you don't configure any PCI device).

Let's see if someone has more information but, I would say that is something harmless.

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
kwg66
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply, I believe you are correct, but since there is still an element of uncertainty I will leave it open for another week or so.