VMware Cloud Community
Zueritram
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 7.5 fresh OVA deployment -> wizard does not appear

After a fresh OVA deployment and login to VAMI, the wizard does not appear. Having the issue with IE, Chrom and Firefox.

A fresh OVA deployment of the vRA 7.5 Appliance didnt solve the issue?

The file /etc/vcac/vami.ini doesnt even exit, but I'm not sure if in 7.5 this file still exists.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Zueritram
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Got it, the vRO Appliance instead of vRA appliance has been deployed.

Cheers

0 Kudos
batuhandemirdal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Has your problem been solved?

0 Kudos
Zueritram
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes and no. The wizard showed up after customer deployed the right OVA. But we ran into a bug where he wouldnt accept any password for the tenant SSO Admin. No error message appeared, but also nothing happened when we pressed Next. Ironically, after reopening the browser the browser the wizard didnt appear again. I checked the vami.ini file (VMware Knowledge Base ) and start_wizard was still set to true. Restarting the vami-lighttp didnt brought help. Even an appliance restart didnt solve the problem. I advised the customer to redeploy the appliance so we can go through the wizard again and hopefully not running into any bugs.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Just a word to the wise: Having your customer deploy vRA all by themselves without any guidance is most likely going to end in failure. Although the wizard makes it lots easier to install, you still have to know what you're doing because vRA is a very complex stack of applications.

0 Kudos
Zueritram
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I guess you are mixing up 2 things. Deploying an OVA, which is pointing to an OVA file and give it some network configuration. I dont think this is rocket science and we neither care at this step about the complexity of the application below. The second part is the whole installation, which is of course a complete different topic.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

still you need the static IP addresses and DNS names setup in advance etc.

better read the installation guide.

0 Kudos