VMware Cloud Community
jlovera
Contributor
Contributor

DRS without balance

Good afternoon,

I have two cluster (Production and QA).

My production group, in the DRS indicates no balance and The HA indicates that the failover resources are now reserved for 12% in CPU and Memory.

The first time I see that message and behavior, I am very interested because there has not been any change at the moment.

While the DRS of QA indicates Balanced and the HA reserves failover in CPY and 50% memory. That's how it was before production and now I change suddenly.

I would like to know if someone has presented this behavior before. And because it is a productive environment, it is critical.

Cluster Prod

pastedImage_1.png

Cluster QA

pastedImage_0.png

ju
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

what version are you running?do you have admission configured?can you take a screenshot of the settings?

0 Kudos
jlovera
Contributor
Contributor

good afternoon annex images, we have version 6.5, right now remember that the change we made in the production disk was fed the power parameter, for anti-affinity rules.

I listened to your comments.

DRS Production:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_5.png

HA Production:

pastedImage_1.png

Admision Control Production:

pastedImage_3.png

Advanced option Production:

pastedImage_4.png

DRS QA

pastedImage_6.png

ADMISION CONTROL QA

pastedImage_7.png

ADVANCED OPTION QA:

pastedImage_8.png

ju
0 Kudos
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

How many hosts do you have?

The percentage is automatically calculated based on the admission policy you choose. It looks at your resource and it automatically calculates.

0 Kudos
jlovera
Contributor
Contributor

good afternoon

manage to balance the DRS, changing the migration interface from priority 5 to priority 3. The DRS is already balanced.

In the same way at the level of my HA the cpu failover and previously memorized by 50% and now it is 12% as I could click on 50% as before.

ju
0 Kudos