VMware Communities
gosox13
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fusion is freezing after I upgraded Mac to Mojave

Hi, I need help. I upgraded my Mac to Mojave and now Windows 7 is freezing. I am using an older version of Fusion ( vers. 7.1.3). Is this my problem? My version won't work with Mojave? I tried to upgrade to Fusion 11, but I apparently can't upgrade to Fusion 11 from vers 7.1.3.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Fusion 7 is not supported on macOS Mojave, that is correct. Personally I do not expect it to work, so many things have changed since Fusion 7 was released.

You can update to Fusion 11 just fine, but there is no upgrade discount, you missed that window.

If you want to test and verify, install from the  trial page.

Download VMware Fusion | VMware

You have 30 days to test and after that you can buy a license to change it into the full version without having to reinstall or anything.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
gosox13
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. If I download a test version of Fusion 11, will it find and pick up my windows 7 files from my Fusion version 7?

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Yes it will know where the virtual machines from Fusion 7 are and present them in the Fusion Library.

Even if it would not then you could always use the File -> Open menu option and navigate to the Windows 7 virtual machine.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos