VMware Horizon Community
PeteMoran
Contributor
Contributor

Learning Horizon, pre-sales data upload question

Apologies all, but we're learning Horizon and we're exploring using it for a client solution. I've looked through the various FAQs and design documents but can't find a hint of an answer.

We have an imaging heavy application, where when using the fat client on a Windows machine you can drag'n'drop from removable media. Take a heap of photos onto your flash media, then load them in to the database. Obviously on a LAN this is pretty rapid, and is tolerable over WAN.

Our testing seems to suggest and the software provider confirms it just copies the image blob to the filesystem, and generates a filepath references.

If we're abstracting the whole PC instance using PC-over-IP thin client, does the local thin client do any caching and is Horizon smart enough to abstract the filesystem so that the client 'thinks' the upload is completing and the application can return control to the user?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I want to make sure that I understand the workflow here.

1. Connect from a workstation running the Horizon Client to a virtual desktop.
  2. Connect a USB flash drive to the workstation running the Horizon Client
  3. Use USB redirection to pass the USB flash drive through to the virtual desktop.
  4. The fat client in the virtual desktop will then write files to the USB flash drive.
0 Kudos