VMware Cloud Community
orian
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Show content of property

Hi,

I create an action which returns an array of properties with the following fields:

virtual machine name

snapshot name

snapshot description

snapshot creation time

I want to allow the user to run a workflow which present all the snapshots in our environment (base on some conditions I entered to my action) with these fields.

Moreover I want to allow the user to choose more than one snapshots

for example the user will receive:

virtual machine name | snapshot name | snapshot description | snapshot creation time

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test_VM                         snapshot_test   before upgrade               15.10.18 16:50

testVM1                          test1_snap         before IIS install              05.11.18 17:30

How can I show the information of the properties?

Should I change direction and not working with properties?

Eventually I want to show the user a table with 4 headers, and to allow him to choose one or more lines.

After creating it in the VRO, I will create a Xaas in the VRA,

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

You don't have that many options.

The only way I can think of is an input parameter of type Array/string (to be able to choose more than one option) and an attribute of type string to hold the header line text.

Then the description of the input parameter should has its value set to ${attribute0}  (assuming the name of attribute with the header line is named attribute0). And the value of the input parameter should come from a presentation property 'Predefined Answers' with a value taken from array of strings. This array of strings should be either the formatted values of the properties returned by your first action, or you can make your action to return Array/string instead of Properties to be able to consume it directly in the presentation.

All of the above won't look very good visually, but vRO presentations are simply not flexible enough for this type of tabular data.

0 Kudos
orian
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

But, if I choose that the input is an array\virtual machine in my workflow, the user can  click on this input and receives a big table with all the fields of the virtual machine.

I want the same idea but with specific columns.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No, it is up to you how to format the elements of this array/string. You are not forced to convert all fields of the virtual machine to a string; you can show only eg. vm name and vm id, or whatever other combination of fields.

0 Kudos