VMware Horizon Community
jtully
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View Client - Mouse works, keyboard does not

Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if anybody else has seen this... I have a Windows 7 PC where the mouse works in the Horizon Client, but, the keyboard does not. We have tried compatibility modes, different keyboards, different USB slots, different users, reinstalling/uninstalling the Horizon Client... I'm stumped!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Are all clients/users experiencing this or is it just for one client or user?

0 Kudos
jtully
Contributor
Contributor

We have 2 systems that are experiencing the problem, the issue is not user specific.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is it just one client or multiple? You mentioned a Windows 7 PC. Can you test with a similar Windows 7 and Windows 10 PC? What version of the Horizon Client are you running?

0 Kudos
jtully
Contributor
Contributor

So, got it fixed! I called the user back because I couldn't remember the version of the Horizon client that was on her system and wanted to remote in and check. While I'm looking at her system she says, this all started when we tried to install the SafeNet OTP client on our machine. From previous work experience I know that SafeNet has controls in their token software that will lock down USB traffic to help mitigate the risk of keyloggers for their USB based tokens.

Removed the SafeNet client, and, eureka! She's back to typing again. Smiley Happy Now I need to figure out how to get the 2 to play nice...

Thank you Sir, I really do appreciate you taking the time to help and being wiling to help!

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Glad to hear you figured it out and thanks for following up with the solution.

0 Kudos