2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2018 4:36 AM by EROCs

ESXi 6.7 and run bash on Datastore via SSH

EROCs Lurker

Hi, I have new clear installation ESXi 6.7 and this problem:

If I run command ./script in Datastore folder as root, I receive -sh: script: Operation not permitted

but if I run command sh script then works fine or if I run script ./script in /tmp/ folder

On upgraded ESXi 6.7 all works fine

The script has permission 700, user and group is root.

tnx for explanation

• 1. Re: ESXi 6.7 and run bash on Datastore via SSH
          SupreetK Master
          vExpert

Is it VMFS datastore or NFS? Was the script created in the datastore folder itself or was it imported/copied from somewhere?

Cheers,

Supreet

• 2. Re: ESXi 6.7 and run bash on Datastore via SSH
            EROCs Lurker

I tested both, but I today tested two versions ESXi on my server Fujitsu Primergy TX1310 M3 with this result:

1. VMware-VMvisor-Installer-6.7.0-8169922.x86_64.iso = problem with permission on datastore
            2. VMware-ESXi-6.7.0-9214924-Fujitsu-v451-1.iso = problem with permission on datastore
            3. VMware-VMvisor-Installer-6.5.0.update02-8294253.x86_64.iso = NO problem with permission on datastore
            4. VMware-VMvisor-Installer-6.7.0-8169922.x86_64.iso upgraded from 6.5 = problem with persmission on datastore

Second i go to the BIOS and disabled Secure Boot Control in: Security > Secure Boot Configuration

Now i haven't problem with permission on datastore ESXi 6.7 - works normal.

MIK