VMware Support Community
VMwareSkyline
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline Install Across Multiple Vcenter Instances?

Quick question, I'm hoping....

We have vSkyline installed and it appears to be working successfully, from what we can tell.

vSkyline is currently installed in our environment, and is running on one vCenter server, this vCenter server is responsible for all guests (this one what we'll call "state 1").

We do have another vCenter server running in our environment (this one is responsible for all guests in "state 2"), however we do not have Skyline installed here.

Do we need to have one instance of vSkyline running under each vCenter server, or by having it installed in "state 1", we're covered for both?

It has only been installed and running for a few weeks now, so we have yet to be contacted by VMware with any usage data from the reporting, so I couldn't tell.

If for whatever reason, we do need to install a second instance of vSkyline, is there anything special we'll need to be mindful of, or is it the same installation, just point it to the other vCenter server?

I hope this makes sense, thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

You can point the second vCenter to the collector if you have the network connectivity. Not required to install second Skyline Collector.

If there is no bandwidth issue you are good to go.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

You can point the second vCenter to the collector if you have the network connectivity. Not required to install second Skyline Collector.

If there is no bandwidth issue you are good to go.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
0 Kudos