VMware Cloud Community
bdf0506
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi / Dell Precision T7610 HW monitoring

I'm looking for a way to view hardware stats with ESXi 6.7 on a Dell Precision T7610.

I want to be able to use Open Manage Tools / Essentials, but having no luck. I installed the VIB from https://vinfrastructure.it/2018/08/dell-emc-omsa-vsphere-6-7-vib/ , but doesn't appear this enables anything for me.

Or do I need to install Open Manage on a guest OS and somehow pass through the T7610 to that VM? It's also possible that the T7610 isn't supported at all with OMSA.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is a workstation, so in all likelihood you won't be able to get hardware monitoring info through ESXi because it's made for server platforms.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is a workstation, so in all likelihood you won't be able to get hardware monitoring info through ESXi because it's made for server platforms.

0 Kudos
bdf0506
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For others that may find this useful. You can install the VIB package referenced above, then follow step 6 in How to install OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) on VMware to collect logs | Dell US  and you'll be able to view some hardware stats. Not a ton of info there, but will be useful for troubleshooting and such. Still nothing shown the ESXi console itself, unfortunately.

0 Kudos