VMware Cloud Community
FredericSOSSON
Contributor
Contributor

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the VMTools service

Dear Community,

We are using Orchestrator workflow to copy files to a Windows 2008R2 virtual machine and for a few weeks there is a timeout error.

In the Windows 'System' events we can see: 'A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the VMTools service'

I upgraded the 'VMware Tools' to version 10.3.2 today but issue is still present.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Fred

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yadav987
Contributor
Contributor

We have received server down alert , I have checked in Vcenter and found VMtool not running in the server at that time.

So I have logged in Web console and found server is running fine ,up time 21 days. As checked the VMtool services also running fine.

I have found few events related to VM tool in event viewer.   Please find the event viewer screenshot below.

Errors:
Event ID 7011:
A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the VMTools service.

Event ID 7046:
The following service has repeatedly stopped responding to service control requests:
VMware Tools Contact the service vendor or the system administrator about whether to disable this service
until the problem is identified. You may have to restart the computer in safe mode before you can disable the service.

Warning :

Event ID 129:

Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

How to avoid this. Any idea, please ?

0 Kudos
virtualhelp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, you can try first by uninstalling the vmware tools and then reinstalling them.

Then it validates that the vmware tools service runs without problems.

If you don't want to uninstall the vmware tools, just restart the service and monitor the server's behavior for a few days to validate if the same problem occurs again.

reference link.

https://pupuweb.com/solved-windows-system-timeout-error-event-7011-service-control-manager-waiting-r...

Regards.

0 Kudos