VMware Horizon Community
AlexLSx7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Stop users from being able to use certain software within an Appstack

Is there a good way of stopping certain users from using applications within a certain appstack?

We have an appstack with 2017/2018/2019 versions of the Autodesk Design Suite but some users are not meant to be using certain programs as they dont know how to use them proerply e.g. Revit but they do anyway and it is causing issues within the business.

Instead of me having to create multiple appstacks for each team/user base, is there something i can do to stop certain apps being accessible. I have looked at the UEM application blocker but from what i can see, it disabled EVERYTHING and you then have to create groups of users that are able to access software you entitle them too. Unless im wrong on that?

We are on View 7.5, UEM 9.4, App volumes 9.14

3 Replies
VDINinja311
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

AlexLSx7

We use UEM AppBlocking for this, as we will group applications together in AppStacks to save on logon time for non-persistent desktops. Mostly based the conditions on AD Groups, like you said.

This example will block the executable from running unless the condition is true. So unless you are a member of the AD group, it will block.

block.PNG

group.PNG

AlexLSx7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So i can block individual apps, i dont have to allow the ones i want?

0 Kudos
VDINinja311
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That is correct. You can just block individual exe's and allow all others to run, or vise versa, however you want to set it up.

0 Kudos