VMware Cloud Community
DaniAj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Experts, I am trying to upgrade my VMware vcenters from version 5.5 to 6.5, my vcenters previously er Were in linked mode, however the link was broken while uograde, now both the vcenters are on version 6.5 but standalone, could you please suggest to

Hi Experts,

I am trying to upgrade my VMware vcenters from version 5.5 to 6.5, my vcenters previously er

Were in linked mode, however the link was broken while uograde, now both the vcenters are on version 6.5 but standalone, could you please suggest to get them back on linked mode, tried using another PSC however repointing is getting failed.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

Are those windows vcenters or appliances to which they are upgraded to?

Do you have DNS in place for all the vcenter?

Can you check the replication agreements and partner status on both the vCenters?

VMware Knowledge Base

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
DaniAj
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

Both the vcenters are windows..DNS entries are in place ..tried to create the agreements between PSCs however they are not getting replicated..

0 Kudos
BenediktFrenzel
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

are the vCenters and the PSC you want to report to in the same site?

Could you also share the error messages?

- Benedikt

0 Kudos
DaniAj
Contributor
Contributor

We have two vcenters one is production and other one is DR..And i'm trying to link the DR vcenter to production one..And yes the sites are different..

I tried creating new PSC at DR site..while installation linked it with production PSC..And then tried to re point the DR vcenter to newly created PSC however it is failing with error..Authentication failed..username password in correct ..

Thanks..

0 Kudos