VMware Cloud Community
Lost_Steak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere Replication Appliance 8.1 Replicate to the same vCenter

Hi,

Is it possible to use the vSRA 8.1 to replicate a VM to the same vCenter? and if so how?

I was able to do this with version 6.5 by selecting the local vSRA as the target site, but in 8.1 this doesn't seem to be an option it requests a "site pair".

When I go to create a site pair, creating one with the same vCenter server isn't available as an option.

I am running vCenter 6.5

Thanks

Tom

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jordanovi
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Tom

Yes, it is possible. You can do this from vSphere Client, you have the option to select the local VR server. You can also do this from DR H5 client, you should select first "Replications within the same vCenter Server" pair context (click on "Replications within the same vCenter Server" -> View Details ... thеn Replications -> New button)

Hope this helps

Ivan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jordanovi
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Tom

Yes, it is possible. You can do this from vSphere Client, you have the option to select the local VR server. You can also do this from DR H5 client, you should select first "Replications within the same vCenter Server" pair context (click on "Replications within the same vCenter Server" -> View Details ... thеn Replications -> New button)

Hope this helps

Ivan

Lost_Steak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Ivan,

I follow this process and when I get to the target site tab, I get the same error when there has been no site pair created. This prevents me from creating the replication and fails.

I have a hunch that if you don't have a second site, then it is not possible to create a pair even with the same source and destination vSRA.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos