VMware Horizon Community
Zomig
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Best way to migrate Linked Clone with Persona Management to App Volumes with writables disk

Hi,

I would like to ask about the best way to migrate an environment with Linked Clones and Persona Management to an environment with application volumes with writtables disk + profile.

Can I use a program to do this work? How can I copy the Person profile information on a Writable disk if this disk is hidden?

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Zomig
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finnaly i will install the app volumes agent on my production template.

Then i will configure persona management policy to redirect all the desktop, appdata and other configurations on the loggin.

And finally ill attach a writable volume to copy all the profile info from the user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Short answer, you cant as currently there is no migration tool to writable disks.Also, a local profile is extremely hard to copy.

What you could do (and for as far as I know the only and best way to try it) is to export the settings from your persona machine with UEM and import them into the writable with UEM. Do keep in mind that UEM can only copy user settings, so files stored in c:\Users\%USERNAME% or the HKCU in the registry.

If you want to copy files or registry keys located on another path I guess that you could only do this with migration tools...

Zomig
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your answer.

I'm trying to migrate one enviroment with horizon view 6.0 Standard with linked clone and persona management to one enviroment with horizont 7.6 Enterprise with app volumes, UEM...

I had thought about configure a new policy of Persona management in the new pools (7.6) with the same file route of the another policy of Persona (6.0). If this experiment works i'll attach the writable volumes.

Do you think this is possible?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Zomig
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finnaly i will install the app volumes agent on my production template.

Then i will configure persona management policy to redirect all the desktop, appdata and other configurations on the loggin.

And finally ill attach a writable volume to copy all the profile info from the user.

0 Kudos