1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 9, 2018 2:14 AM by

Error trying to upgrade vRA using vrLCM - nullPointerException

johnbreVW Lurker

I am facing a rather frustrating issue.  In our Sandbox environment, I am trying to perform the vRealize Suite Upgrade using vRLCM.  vRLCM seems to be in good health, I have successfully upgraded it to 2.0.  Then I have used it to successfully upgrade vROPS to 7.0 and vRealize Log Insight to 4.7.

But when I attempt to upgrade vRA to 7.5 (which I am most excited to try) the pre-check fails with the following error:

LCMVRASYSTEM55023: Generic system error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.plugin.core.vra70.task.VraPreUpgradeCheckTask.performJavaAndPowershellPrecheck(VraPreUpgradeCheckTask.java:556)

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.plugin.core.vra70.task.VraPreUpgradeCheckTask.checkIaaSUpgradePrecheck(VraPreUpgradeCheckTask.java:301)

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.plugin.core.vra70.task.VraPreUpgradeCheckTask.execute(VraPreUpgradeCheckTask.java:161)

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.platform.automata.core.ExecutionTask.run(ExecutionTask.java:41)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I have tried to look through the logs but could find nothing of relevance.

Does anyone have any tips on where to begin the troubleshooting - or what logs to look in?