Bump. Dying to hear if anyone has come across a solution for this.
I took a Windows 7 VMs where this worked via PCoIP (sound in), and upgraded it to Windows 10, and then I couldn't do sound in. So this wasn't 2 different VMs, it was a direct upgrade and it broke. What about Windows 10 and PCoIP sound in am I missing?
Just an FYI. If you install the Teradici Audio Driver and select that device you will not get any audio through Blast.
we're working actually whit blast, speech mike and RTAV but the Input Quality is quite low a lot of background noise and bad quality. I tested PCOI whit the Teradici Audio driver.
At the first moments i dindn't got any sound output but the input works. After declare the Teradici Sounddriver as default it works fine.
We're using Igel ThinClients as a Host-System.
well it looks like their is no Sound-Input from Igel Clients..... https://help.teradici.com/s/article/1049
- No audio output
- Check the pcoip.enable_audio variable in the pcoip-agent.conf file is not configured and set to disabled.
- Ensure the PCoIPVirtualOutput is the default playback device. If the device is missing, reinstall the agent.
- Check that the audio output is turned up
- Test audio playback on the local client machine if you are using the PCoIP Software Client
- On a PCoIP Zero Client, disconnect the session and use the audio test tone available from the AWI under Diagnostics > Audio.
- No audio Input
- Audio input is not supported in the PCoIP Agent for Linux
i got the same problem on my side....
- No audio output
What is the operating system on your WYSE 5010?
We have seen WYSE 5060 and 5070 with WYSE ThinOS do not support USB composite device splitting for PCoIP. (USB redirection can be used with PCoIP however).
Obvious test would be to take one of the endpoints that is using Blast/Windows 10 and connect using PCoIP instead to see if the mic continues to work. This will rule out the possibility that perhaps the configurations are not exactly identical.