VMware Support Community
VMwareSkyline
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline Working?

Hello,

I have two quick questions, I am hoping you can assist me with:

Question 1.  I believe my Skyline instance is working, however I would like to know if there is a way I can get confirmation.  All indicators are showing as green, and endpoints show connected (I am attaching screen shots to this post).  Is there anything else to this, or anything further I need to do, to ensure things are working as intended?

Question 2.  I would like to know how things actually work with the information that is collected via Skyline.  Now that the app is setup and appears to be working, the data is collected and sent over to VMware.  Does VMware support reach out to us and let us know if there are issues with the collected data / config, or do we need to somehow follow up with somebody through support?  I'm not very clear on what happens now that the product is working, between VMware and the customer.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

The screen shot shows that the collector and endpoints are working, so everything should be fine. In case it highlights any issues, please reboot the collector and if the issue remains, please update us in Skyline communities and we will assist you. Information gathered from your environment will be securely transferred to VMware server and the analysis is done based on predefined rules. Findings and recommendations will be updated in 'operational summary report (OSR)' and you will receive a link to download it once ready. Usually first OSR will be sent to you in 3-4 weeks. Shortly we will introduce a new advanced tool called Advisor, which is a can be accessed anytime for details.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

The screen shot shows that the collector and endpoints are working, so everything should be fine. In case it highlights any issues, please reboot the collector and if the issue remains, please update us in Skyline communities and we will assist you. Information gathered from your environment will be securely transferred to VMware server and the analysis is done based on predefined rules. Findings and recommendations will be updated in 'operational summary report (OSR)' and you will receive a link to download it once ready. Usually first OSR will be sent to you in 3-4 weeks. Shortly we will introduce a new advanced tool called Advisor, which is a can be accessed anytime for details.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos