VMware Cloud Community
lslbilly
Contributor
Contributor

about esxi server 6.7 create user

Could any one explain the different between "under Action> Permission > Add User"  and "Manage > Security & users > Users"?

i found that there is different user list, on "Manage > Security & users > Users" only have root user, and "under Action> Permission > Add User" have three user by default

dcui, root, vpxuser, all have administrator role

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rajen450m
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi lslbilly

Your question is not clear. can you please share screenshots?

If you are talking about creating user, from permissions>add user or actions>add permission>add user will have the same groups and users.

Only thing you need to look in to is the domain you are selecting - vsphere.local/localos/your domain. Based on that list of users displayed may vary.

Raj M Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. Visit www.hypervmwarecloud.com for my blog posts, step-by-step procedures etc.,
0 Kudos
lslbilly
Contributor
Contributor

ManageVMware ESXi.png

this one just create user, but cannot assign permission.

hostVMware ESXi.png

this one create user, assign permission to users, and then can use for login to the https://local/ui/#/login

so the first screenshot is used for???

0 Kudos
rajen450m
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

First screenshot is used for creating a user and you can select the newly created user and assign permission (nothing but role).

Raj M Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. Visit www.hypervmwarecloud.com for my blog posts, step-by-step procedures etc.,
0 Kudos