VMware Cloud Community
suhag79
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Firmware upgrade system x3850-X5 - ESXi 5.5

Hi all,

Has anyone performed the firmware up gradation on X3850-X5 server having ESXi 5.5. Want to know the firmware compatibility with ESXi 5.5 and if this can be upgraded through IMM console.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ahh! It should be there somewhere on the IMM console :smileyplain:

Cheers,

Supreet

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Server X3850 X5 is compatible until 6.0 U3. So unless the drivers (NIC, HBA, SAS Controller, etc.) are too old, firmware upgrade should not cause any issues. Again depending on what firmware version you are planning to upgrade to, check in the IBM/Lenovo community as well to see if there are any known issues.

Cheers,

Supreet

suhag79
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hello SupreetK,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to determine the drive version through ESXi CLI.

~ # vmkload_mod -s megaraid_sas |grep Version

Version: Version 00.00.05.34-9vmw, Build: 3029944, Interface: 9.2 Built on: Aug 31 2015

However, is there any way, i can find out the installed firmware version of the LSI megaraid card ?

Please help.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Run the command </usr/lib/vmware/vmkmgmt_keyval/vmkmgmt_keyval -a | less> and navigate to the required vmhba. If this command does not report the required information, you can check the firmware on the IMM page.

Cheers,

Supreet

suhag79
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks  SupreetK,

it is not listed under the command as well as on IMM page. i think, i will have to check during the ESXi boot process.

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ahh! It should be there somewhere on the IMM console :smileyplain:

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos