VMware Cloud Community
marcelpan
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual SAN Enterprise Expired

I get a Virtual SAN Enterprise usage time alert in the vcenter field. vsan is not working right now I can not do any action ? or its just alarm? What is the meaning of this alarm? I just started to have a limit on the system

Virtual SAN Enterprise Expired? What is the meaning of this alarm?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello marcelpan ,

If your license expired (or license with some needed features expired) then you can't use the functions provided by these - check your licensing for the cluster, if it is not expired then contact licensing team in support.

Bkb

0 Kudos
marcelpan
Contributor
Contributor

I am novice about the vsan enterprise. Which features will not use if the license expired. is the biggest problem in the infrastructure we are currently using ?

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello marcelpan

What licensing do/did you have applied to your vSAN cluster? e.g. did you purchase and apply a vSAN Enterprise license to the cluster or were you using a free trial license?

If you were using a trial license then these are limited and are an Enterprise Plus feature-set for 60 days after which the license expires.

Here is an overview of what features are licensed in which versions:

pastedImage_0.png

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/vsan/vmware-vsan-66-licen...

Bob

0 Kudos