VMware Horizon Community
romatlo32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon 7.3.1 VM Display Protocol performance?

Hello folks,

I have this one user that continues to have poor user experience on his VM. 

vSphere 6.5

Horizon server 7.3.1 Agent 7.3.1 Client 4.6.1

Windows 7 VM - 2 monitors 1920x1080 resolution, 8GB RAM, 4 vCPUs.

When we reboot his VM, he opens his two monitor session, opens apps (Dell TOAD, email, Skype), etc.

Experience is good.

Over time (sometimes days), his session because more unresponsive.  It takes several seconds to move windows around, the display catches up.

We've tried one monitor session, better but something still wrong.  We tried RDP, it was better, but not preferred.  We tried Blast, better but still see a delay...

No one else is really having this problem.  CPU and RAM utilization is low.

Anyone have an suggestions or what to look for in which logs?

What tweaks could make PCoIP better?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I would try upgrading to the latest 4.9 or at a minimum 4.8 client. We saw some performance issues with prior clients.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
romatlo32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just had user login from my laptop, two screens, no problem.   Seems like something client related?

Still testing...

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I would try upgrading to the latest 4.9 or at a minimum 4.8 client. We saw some performance issues with prior clients.

0 Kudos
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I've had that happen in the past.   30 users in an office and all use Horizon and we have the particular one that has issues as described.  Since u are using PCOIP, have u pulled the server logs from the client and viewed them using PCOIP Session Stats Viewer?   U can grab that from Teradici.

In our case it turned out that his client was to blame.   Just a crappy system he had on his end that resulted in turn bad performance for his remote sessions.

Larry B.

romatlo32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Turned out to the Client install version.

He was using 4.0, after upgrading to 4.9 working much better - great.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I'm glad to hear that fixed it. I've been pushing VMware for a while that we need better tracking of client versions and a way to enforce a minimum Horizon Client version.

0 Kudos