VMware Cloud Community
naotree_japan
Contributor
Contributor

What is Enterprise-ready ServiceNow plugin in vRA 7.5 Cloud management ?

I find the followinf article at the introduction site   New! vRealize Automation 7.5 – Helping IT Enable Developer Productivity​.

What’s New in vRealize Automation 7.5

Enterprise-ready ServiceNow plugin – With vRA 7.5, we will be featuring a new version of the ServiceNow plugin that will be ServiceNow certified in Q3 and will now have enterprise-level support.  The plugin enables users to consume vRA catalog items through ServiceNow, based on vRA entitlements and ServiceNow governance.  This new plugin features easier plug-in configuration, multi-vRA Support, day 2 Enhancements, and custom Forms Support, providing improved time-to-value, lower TCO, and complete day 2 integration.

I will just test the vRA plugin version 4.0 released by ServiceNow on Augest 2018 as follows.

https://store.servicenow.com/$appstore.do#!/store/application/843ac90edb120300435fd001cf96190a/4.0.0...

But I think vRA plugin version 4.0  is not same as an Enterprise-ready ServiceNow plugin introduced in vRA 7.5.

I want to confirm whether both plugin is not same.

If you have any information about release date of Enterprise-ready ServiceNow plugin included in vRA 7.5, please let me know.

Thanks a lot,

Tags (1)
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

It's the same one listed here.

naotree_japan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much  for quick answer.

Is not this plugin under vRA product support service, right?

We are evaluating this one, and we think it's only for single vRA instance.

Is it correct ?

If you have any way to support in multi vRA instance in introduction article,

please let us know.

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
CalsoftTechie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI @naotree_japan

I am not very clear with your question but will try to answer as per my understanding of the query.

ITSM plugin uploaded on ServiceNow store and VMware marketplace is V4.0 plugin which is technically certified by ServiceNow.

This plugin supports single vRA.

There is another version of the plugin under development (V5.0) and supports multi-vRA instances in serviceNow.

For more details on this you can connect with Savina ( silieva@vmware.com).

0 Kudos
naotree_japan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply and information for next version.

I'm clear that multi-vRA sopport version is not V4.0 which is justnow available and it is under development as V5.0 plugin.

As for more detail information about V5.0, I will connect with Savina by sending mail.

Thanks

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

v5 of the ITSM plug-in is coming soon.

naotree_japan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for additinal information about next release 5.0 plugin.

I understand that version 4.0 plugin in Aug.2018 is not support to multi-vRA and based on vRA 7.4,and

next version od release 5.0 plugin is planned  for multi-vRA instance on vRA 7.5.

I will wait new plugin of release 5.0 be available soon.

0 Kudos
CalsoftTechie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@naotree_japan Confirm if your query is answered.If yes, mark it as helpful.

0 Kudos