VMware Communities
ekoce
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

(Windows 8.1, 64x) Why isn't "Easy Install" an option in Set-Up Wizard?/ also "Operating System Not Found" message (see pic)

After installing the VMware Workstation, it tells me this.

Apparently "Easy Install" is part of the Set-Up Wizard, but I never saw it.

I don't have the original disk. What should I do?

Thanks,

pastedImage_0.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

VMware only offers the platform to install virtual machines. No matter how you are  going to install an operating system (manually, or via Easy Install), you'll always need the original vendor's installation image/media.

Including all operating systems in e.g. the VMware Workstation setup would not only make the installation image huge, but would likely also violate several vendors' license agreements.

André

View solution in original post

2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

VMware only offers the platform to install virtual machines. No matter how you are  going to install an operating system (manually, or via Easy Install), you'll always need the original vendor's installation image/media.

Including all operating systems in e.g. the VMware Workstation setup would not only make the installation image huge, but would likely also violate several vendors' license agreements.

André

ekoce
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi André,

Thanks for the welcome!

What you're saying makes sense. I'll look for a way to obtain the original Windows 8.1 software then.

Ekoce

0 Kudos