VMware Cloud Community
as900w
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

How to prevent alarm inherit?

I configure an alarm about VM CPU usage on the datacenter.

But, some virtual machines do not need to apply this alarm.

What should I do?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

AFAIK, there is only one way to achieve this. Create two folders under the datacenter - 'Alarm-Required-VMs' and 'Alarm-NotRequired-VMs'. Place the required VMs accordingly in these folders, disable the alarm at the vCenter level (or at the datacenter level - wherever it has been configured currently) and enable the alarms only for the folder 'Alarm-Required-VMs'. As you would know already, you can also disable all the alarms for a specific object such as a VM. However, this will disable all the alarms and there is no option to disable a specific alarm.

Cheers,

Supreet

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

AFAIK, there is only one way to achieve this. Create two folders under the datacenter - 'Alarm-Required-VMs' and 'Alarm-NotRequired-VMs'. Place the required VMs accordingly in these folders, disable the alarm at the vCenter level (or at the datacenter level - wherever it has been configured currently) and enable the alarms only for the folder 'Alarm-Required-VMs'. As you would know already, you can also disable all the alarms for a specific object such as a VM. However, this will disable all the alarms and there is no option to disable a specific alarm.

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
as900w
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I See, Thanks!

0 Kudos