VMware Horizon Community
mastermold305
Contributor
Contributor

VDI horizon view

I have a vmware horizon 7.5.1 environment with 4 host in a cluster. I’m provisioning windows 10 guest in my desktop pool, I also have nvidia grid gpu’s assigned to be used by the guest machines that also are configured with 6gig of ram and 2 cpu’s each. I have about 300 vdi guest and in the cluster I have a total of 249.02 GHZ of CPU, 1.5TB of memory in the cluster. I want to configure resource pools to prevent the guests from maxing out the resources in the cluster, given the total resources of the cluster how should my resource pools be configured?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

why would you want to use resource pool, they are the spawn of satan.   the decision is more regards cluster spliting, do you split off GPU enabled hosts and standard hosts? or have all your host got Nvidia Grid installed?

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
mastermold305
Contributor
Contributor

I do split off GPU enabled hosts and standard hosts, I've been moving guest to the GPU cluster little by little but most issues occur if users have a lot chrome tabs open or they are streaming video files that large in size.

0 Kudos