VMware Horizon Community
albertwienckosk
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Horizon License Key

My company has Horizon 6.2 in a testing environment and I plan on upgrading it to 7.5.1 so we can place it into our production environment.  I notice that the license key in the view connection is not fully visible and my company can not find any documentation that has the production key.  I tried the PowerCLI Command Get-License but it did not come back with the actual license key.  Is there any way to just the full license key?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

your license keys will be in your myVMware portal. Alternatively you can speak to your original supplier as they have ways of getting that information from VMware.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Your current license key is for Horizon 6 and will have to be upgraded through the my VMware portal to Horizon 7 anyways so retrieving the existing key wont work. If you don't have access to a account associated with the contract then your VMware account team or VAR can sort that out.

0 Kudos