VMware Horizon Community
Pyken_new
Contributor
Contributor

Trigger logoff from msft RDP client in linked clone???

Hi,

Is it possible to trigger the logoff message to the connection server from a "direct" connection/login through Microsoft RDP client on a linked clone? (Not to resemble with the Horizon direct connect component as that component isn't installed).

The RDP connection has not passed through the connection server to get assigned to the linked clone...

What I'm trying to achieve is to get the linked clone to be refreshed/deleted after logoff from using only the msft rdp client connection.

BR

Mathias Pyk

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

That's not possible, you have to use the Horizon Client for refresh/delete on log off functionality. I always recommend disabling/limiting RDP for this reason. What's your use case for using RDP instead of the Horizon Client?

0 Kudos
Pyken_new
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the answer!

The use case is basically to use Horizon as an effective plattform to make virtual desktops available in a "sensitive" environment. And A key function is to cycle/destroy the desktops when they are used... Using the Horizon client to connect to the desktops is unfortunately not an option.

BR

Mathias Pyk

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is there an issue with using the Horizon Client that I could help with? We have a similar requirement and have to use the Horizon Client so the VMs are properly burned down after use.

One thing you might be able to get away with is to regularly schedule the VMs to be refreshed. There will be a possibility that a user could land on a previously used VM but maybe that is sufficient for your use case.

0 Kudos
Pyken_new
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

No there is no problem with the H client except for the fact that we can't use it in this use case.

I think I'll use a scheduled task script to look for any disconnected (for example 2 hours) vm and trigger a refresh or delete...

As for the possibility that a previously used vm gets used again, we will make sure that only the same user can get logged on again. Thanks.

Thanks for your input. It's highly appreciated!

BR

Mathias Pyk

0 Kudos