VMware Communities
Hanyshanata
Contributor
Contributor

VMs powered off over weekend by itself

All our VMs were powered off on weekend and why dont know when and why?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

So you've provided no information whatsoever about your condition or your environment. We aren't mind readers. Do you think if I asked you this same question you'd have even the slightest chance of helping me?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

• Which VMware product/version do you use?
  • Did you check whether the host had an issue, and was restarted (hardware issue, power outage, ...)?
  • Assuming it's ESXi what you are using, do you see any entries in the event logs?
  • Check the vmware*.log files in the VMs' folders. Maybe they contain hints on what may have happened!?

André

0 Kudos
Hanyshanata
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Andre

Its VMware ESXI

Version:

6.5.0 Update 1 (Build 5969303)

Host didnt have any issue and all of them went down.

The uptime in the screen shows 1.8day which mean it was down in the weekend.

The /var/log/syslog.log 

shows only stuff from today nothing old.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Host didnt have any issue and all of them went down.

The uptime in the screen shows 1.8day which mean it was down in the weekend.

With an uptime of 1.8 days (which I assume is from the host), the host has rebooted. I can't unfortunately tell you whether it was e.g. a manual (planned) restart, or due to an environmental issue.

If you are running ESXi on server hardware, please check if the server has an integrated management log (e.g. iLO, iDRAC, ...).

André

0 Kudos
Hanyshanata
Contributor
Contributor

Just found out its the Dell Server, IDrac. Looks like a known issue. Thanks Andre, Appreciate your professionalism. Hope others learn.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

And I hope you learn in the future to provide the detail that was required by André up front and in the initial post when asking others for help, for free, and in their spare time.

0 Kudos