VMware Cloud Community
gundreddy34
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

REST HOST configuration in vRO failing with "cannot find function getCertificateAuthorities in object DynamicWrapper"

Hi,

I 've been trying to add a netbackup NSS Rest host  and its failing  with following message.

[2018-08-30 15:34:40.212] [E] Error in (Workflow:Import a certificate from URL with certificate alias / Validate (item1)#12758) TypeError: Cannot find function getCertificateAuthorities in object DynamicWrapper (Instance) : [_Config]-[class com.vmware.o11n.plugins.configurator.model.PluginInventory] -- VALUE : com.vmware.o11n.plugins.configurator.model.PluginInventory@80dbcf25.

[2018-08-30 15:34:40.230] [E] Workflow execution stack:

item: 'Configure NSS Rest Host/item8', state: 'failed', business state: 'null', exception: 'TypeError: Cannot find function getCertificateAuthorities in object DynamicWrapper (Instance) : [_Config]-[class com.vmware.o11n.plugins.configurator.model.PluginInventory] -- VALUE : com.vmware.o11n.plugins.configurator.model.PluginInventory@80dbcf25. (Workflow:Import a certificate from URL with certificate alias / Validate (item1)#12758)'

any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gundreddy34
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was able to resolve this issue by

stopping the VRO server service , force-reinstall plugins and restart the  VRO server services.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
gundreddy34
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am suspecting some kind of corruption or something with  the default plug-in "Configurator" that comes with VRO on installation because the  workflow for "import a cert from url"  under  library->configuration   is failing with same error  its not finding the commands its looking for

I would like to reinstall this plugin  but I want to make sure doing so will not break other things and if there is documented procedure to do so.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Which vRO version is this, and also what's the version number of the workflow 'Import a certificate from URL with certificate alias'?

The method getCertificateAuthorities was removed years ago, and version 2.0.0 and newer of this workflow should not be using it (if I recall correctly).

0 Kudos
gundreddy34
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

the VRO version is 7.4.x . the version of workflow " Library/configuration/SSL Trust Manager/import a certificate from URL" is  1.0.2

how do I get the workflow 2.0.0  or newer ?

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That's not the same workflow.

The workflow I'm talking about is 'Import a certificate from URL with certificate alias'.

gundreddy34
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was able to resolve this issue by

stopping the VRO server service , force-reinstall plugins and restart the  VRO server services.

0 Kudos