VMware Horizon Community
umms
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows 10 LTSB Start Menu issue.

Running 7.5.1 with Windows 10 LTSB and the latest updates. On the master image I can click on the start menu button and it comes up fine and dandy. But after deploying a few desktops via linked clone when i login to a desktop and try and click on it, I can't get the start menu to work.

Anyone encounter this issue or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
derekcf
Contributor
Contributor

Make sure that the Windows Firewall is on. If you are using Persistent Disks and Sysprep, you need to restart the machine once.

You can also checkout "Workaround for broken Windows 10 Start Menus with floating desktops":

https://www.vcloudnine.de/workaround-for-broken-windows-10-start-menus-with-floating-desktops/

Derek

0 Kudos
mwyman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try this.

Run this command in Powershell as Admin:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

0 Kudos
tcommander
Contributor
Contributor

We ran into this issue and the start menu would eventually come up about about 3 click attempts.  What we found was that it us one of the settings in the OS Optimization tool under Users Registry settings for Windows 10.  We applied almost everything else and the start menu functions normally.  I have not fully isolated it yet, in case that is your issue try going back to pre-optimized and avoid HKCU optimizations.

0 Kudos