VMware Cloud Community
future2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Set ADContainer for Horizon 7 Instant Clone Pool via PowerCLI

Hi,

I'm using the HVHelper function for View 7.x to build out an instant clone pool. I've successfully set most of the properties of the pool with Set-HvPool cmdlet. For example

Set-HVPool -PoolName TEST -Key "desktopSettings.displayProtocolSettings.pcoipDisplaySettings.renderer3D -Value "MANAGE_BY_VSPHERE_CLIENT"

One of the properties I'm now trying to set is the automated.DesktopData.customizationSettings.adContainer

I can successfully enumerate this from an existing pool and its just comes out as a big GUID. I am then unable to set the value with this GUID. I'm entirely unsure what the GUID represents. In the Horizon View GUI it should be a LDAP path to the respective AD container.

The API explorer just shows this as a 'Representation of an AD Container ID.'

https://vdc-repo.vmware.com/vmwb-repository/dcr-public/e2e25628-4ed2-43fc-8bad-54fb86f3bb0f/8e4d2491...

Does anyone have any idea how I can set the pool to use a specific LDAP path in AD?

Cheers!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can get those IDs with the ADContainer_ListByDomain method.

The Get-HVFarmCustomizationSettings function in the HVHelper module, wraps this method.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can get those IDs with the ADContainer_ListByDomain method.

The Get-HVFarmCustomizationSettings function in the HVHelper module, wraps this method.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference