VMware Support Community
Gadgetgeek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Received email that my collector was stopped

It says it was caused by a bug in the old version (1.3) and asks me to upgrade to 1.4. This email doesn't seem to be my case, however.

1. When I click System > Information, I am running appliance version 1.4.0.0 Build 9405761.
  2. When I click Update > Status, that same version is shown there.
  3. The Last Install status says:
  4. Failed to install updates(Cannot install updates automatically. This update requires a EULA to be accepted by a user. Please click "Install Updates" or use "vamicli update --install latest" to read and accept the EULA and install the update. ) on Sunday, 2018 August 12 20:00:01 UTC-7
  5. Clicking Install Updates as suggested doesn't do anything--I would expect the prompt to accept the EULA.
  6. Logging onto the console as directed and running vamicli update --install latest says Failure: no updates to install.

It seems my collector is down because I haven't accepted the EULA? I had previously accepted everything as it was presented to me.  Please advise.

Regards,

Geoff Faulkner

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for the update. I have verified that the Skyline collector with ID 'ffc854f2-e18c-38f9-962b-38dcbb1447e8' is running on version 1.4.0.0 and is communicating with VMWare server without any issues. Please close the thread as correct answer, if everything is fine now.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Geoff,

Please update the name of your organisation and the collector id, I will verify if your skyline collector is communicating with VMware server or not. Based on the information provided, the upgrade may have failed in the first attempt, but seems to be successful in the next attempt. However I will verify and confirm.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
Gadgetgeek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I work for Musco Family Olive Co.

Collector says it is running right now.

ID: ffc854f2-e18c-38f9-962b-38dcbb1447e8

Since the update error says "Sunday, 2018 August 12 20:00:01 UTC-7", maybe I can assume that the latest update is now applied and working?

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for the update. I have verified that the Skyline collector with ID 'ffc854f2-e18c-38f9-962b-38dcbb1447e8' is running on version 1.4.0.0 and is communicating with VMWare server without any issues. Please close the thread as correct answer, if everything is fine now.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos